10 Months

Well, time flies!!!

Savannah is now 10 months old! I can hardly believe how fast the time has gone. I remember as a child that time was so slow, 1 year felt like forever and now, 1 year has almost passed since Savannah was born and it feels like it's only been 4 months. Slow down!!!

Happy 10 months!


I can't get enough of this little beast, she's so wonderful. She is my very best friend in the whole world.

Look at that smile!!


let's see...she's not yet crawling but is sooo close. She's been standing (assisted) for about 6 months now and walks around the furniture a bit and really cruises in her walker! She babbles non-stop and it's the cutest thing! She recently learned to point at things and goes, "ooooh! ooooh!" and that is the cutest thing ever! Basically, everything she does is the cutest.

She actually held still for a face painting at a party!



I have been so lucky to be able to breastfeed her from the beginning without any issues. It wasn't hard, she latched easily and my nipples didn't crack or anything! She does acrobats when she nurses now and just expects my nipples to stretch along with her. OUCH!!! Now, at 10 months my left nipple is pretty sore most of the time, I think I'm going to start weaning her and be totally done nursing by her birthday. I started her on solids around 5 months old but she wasn't super interested until about 7 months. At 8-9 months old she got REALLY into food! She gobbles down any baby food I give her (unless it has meat) and now she wants table foods. I give her small pieces of chicken, mashed potato, fruits (she loves strawberries), noodles, etc. Basically, if it's small and soft and not too salty I will give her little bits. She doesn't have any teeth yet but she mashes with her gums like a champ.

First time feeding herself. Mashed potatoes!


I have finally gotten her to fall asleep on her own. I have been rocking/nursing/cuddling her to sleep since we brought her home from the NICU and I recently decided I needed to stop and let her learn to sleep on her own. I established a routine of bringing her in the nursery, turning the lights out or dim them, turn on her music, rock her for about 2 minutes then I'd tell her goodnight and put her in her crib. The first two days I laid next to her crib and put my hand in there for her to hold. She cried on and off for about 15 minutes before she fell asleep. Then the next few days I said goodnight and put her in the crib and sat in the rocking chair (and never looked at her or said anything to her). She cried about 6 minutes one day and the next day didn't cry at all! Now, I can tell her goodnight and set her in her crib and then I leave the room immediately. She usually gives a few cries to entice me back but as long as she isn't screaming her head off, I never picked her back up or said anything to her. It's so much easier now! She does this for naps and night time.






Savannah loves the water! Bath times, swimming, touching the running water from the faucet...anything to do with water!




I find that my social calendar is filling up so fast now that I'm a mother. Baby showers here, birthday parties there, zoo trips, beach trips, family reunions, etc. I recently got this awesome organizer to help me keep track of things. I also have a dry erase board calendar that goes by the desk so we can all see it! So helpful.

This agenda is awesome


I have several friends who are now pregnant and it's giving me mad baby fever! We will probably do another transfer within a year...




❤️ Sausha

Comments

Popular Posts