Two Week Wait

Well, my second IVF attempt is underway! We had the transfer done last afternoon and everything went very well. My bladder was pretty full this time around and it made my uterus difficult to see on the machine so doc switched to a metal tipped (I think I'm remembering that correctly) syringe thing to make it more visible. Sounds simple enough but it took a minute for him to get it from the embryologist so I was just sitting there with my goods bared for everyone. Not my finest moment .

I must admit, I was super nervous all day! I woke up at 5am (uuuggggh!!!) and couldn't fall back to sleep for the life of me. I decided to get up and lounge around, I played God of War II (that's my 14 year old boy shining through) for a few hours, then caught up on Grey's Anatomy (OMG, Jackson!!!) and watched an episode of Ellen featuring Mark Wahlberg (my secret lover) and Taylor Kitsch. Finally, it was time to get off my butt and shower!

The embryologist was so sweet!! When she came in to bring us a picture of our embies she said they were perfect. Also she said she remembered that last time we transferred two perfect ones, she looked a little puzzled. I told her that I just miscarried them and she have me a big hug! Hahaha! I love my doctor office, they are like my family. :)


I'm feeling much better this time than the last transfer. I don't have a whole lot of cramping (almost none, actually) whereas last time I was cramping a lot from day one. I don't know that one has to do with the other, but I'm keeping positive.

We go back for a blood test to check my estrogen and progesterone levels on Wednesday and the pregnancy test will be done on the 3rd of February!! Keep me in your thoughts, please! :D

Now, I'm going to return to lazing around and watching Dexter.

- Sausha

Comments

  1. Good luck! Hope this is the cycle that leads to baby!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shay! And you start your cycle today, right??

      Delete
  2. Praying for a positive on the 3rd!
    ...and I LOVE DEXTER! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I truly appreciate it :)

      Yessss!!! We are just hopping on the Dexter train. Just started season 3!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts